So, it is exactly a week since the applications for the highly anticipated Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders opened. Have you started your application or are you thinking about starting one? The application, which you can find here, is only open until January 27th, 2014. We have put together some useful tips to help you with your application.
2. You need to write three essays of approximately 250 words that answer the following questions:
- Please explain how you have helped to introduce a new idea, initiative or product and how you attracted support for it.
- Please describe a specific challenge in your community, organization, industry, or country. Include what you believe to be the key barriers to resolving this challenge.
- Taking the challenge you described above, please describe the steps you would like to take to address this challenge. Please explain the skills and resources that you possess as well as those that you would need to acquire in order to effectively address this challenge.
3. If you need help drafting your responses, this our article about writing persuasive personal statements should help.
5. If you are not sure about how to compose a resume that effectively tells your story and has impact, this article has many tips that will increase your confidence and resume writing ability.
Good luck with your application. We can’t wait to hear all your success stories.